East Penn Pyr RescueINFORMATION SURVEY
This questionnaire is prepared for the benefit of you, the prospective owner, and the Great Pyrenees that you plan to have become a part of your family.
Please print out this form, fill it in, and mail it to the address found at the end of the form. Or copy and paste it into an email, fill it out and email it to Barbara Bowes.
HOME TELEPHONE #:
WORK TELEPHONE #:
1. Why do you want a Great Pyrenees?
2. What do you know about this breed?
3. Have you ever owned a Great Pyrenees before?
- What happened to this pet?
4. What other breed of dogs have you owned?
- Where did you get them?
- What happened to them?
5. How many adults reside at your home?
- How many children and what are their ages?
6. What pets currently reside with you? Please list species (cat, dog, gerbil, etc.), breed and sex.
7. Do you rent a house? Own a house? Rent an apartment? Own a condo? Are you moving?
8. Is your yard enclosed?
- Describe how your property is enclosed
and secured. Including fence height.
9. What are your major complaints about owning a dog?
10. Has your entire family discussed the pros and cons of owning a dog?
11. Have you asked yourself whether your lifestyle is so busy that you might not have time or energy to properly care for a Pyrenees?
12. If you have children, are you willing to accept the additional responsibility of a Pyrenees? Are you willing to teach the children the proper way to handle a live animal? Are you willing to accept that the dog may not like all of your children's friends?
13. Are you willing to accept that your Pyrenees may not like all of your friends? or that your friends may not like your Pyrenees?
14. PYRENEES BARK. Will this be a problem in your neighborhood?
- Many neighbors do not like dogs. Can you accept this?
15. PYRENEES SHED. Are you prepared to change your household cleaning habits and schedule?
16. PYRENEES NEED SUPERVISION. This breed does not "stick close to home."
They can be obedience trained, but they are not Golden Retrievers. This is a guard dog, they will roam if allowed. What do you expect from your Great Pyrenees?
17. Do you have any obedience background?
18. Would you be willing to attend obedience classes?
19. Many Rescue Pyrenees are not housebroken, How do you feel about this?
20. Many Rescue Pyrenees are housebroken prior to coming to a new home, but accidents will happen. How will you discipline for this?
21. Are you willing to give a dog at least two months to adjust to you, your family, and his new environment before you decide to return him/her?
22. Are you willing to be prepared to give veterinary attention beyond the yearly check-up and shots?
23. Why do you want to adopt an older dog?
- What do you feel are
the advantages over a puppy?
24. Are you willing to travel any distance to acquire a rescue dog?
25. How much are you willing to donate or spend for a rescue dog?
26. Do you have a sex preference? Which?
27. Do you have an age preference?
28. How did you find out about our service?
29. Comments and Suggestions:
30. Signature _________________________________________
Thank you for your cooperation. This questionnaire helps us to try to place the right dog with the right family. Please return this form to the following address:
2575 Blakeslee Blvd. Dr. W.
Lehighton, PA 18235
|East Penn Pyr Rescue, Inc.||Home Page|